Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 September 2011

Poetry Is It?

I was inspired to write this blog piece after i heard of 'bored.com'
It provides us with a multitude of choices when it comes to being extremely bored.
One of those ideas was to write poetry on random things.
So there I was sitting in my language class listening to my teacher drone on and on about a man who fell in love with a river, and I realized that the dull monotony of a language class can get the creative juices flowing and that is what led me start writing poetry.(This however does not mean that I am good at it.)
Contemporary literature defines poetry as an imaginative awareness of experience expressed through meaning, sound, and rhythmic language choices so as to evoke an emotional response.
I define poetry as a medium of eradicating boredom by successfully eliciting praise from those around you by writing things that don't really help society in any way. 


So these extremely useful language hours got me to start writing poems. About anything. My first poem is about a girl called Neha. She is my friend who sits next to me in class. I will share with you my first poem, which by the way only took me 50 minutes to write) I have to warn you that this poem is terrible and has no rhyming scheme what so ever.


My Friend Neha

By Varsha Gopalakrishnan



My friend Neha
who likes Vishnupriya
who laughs like 'haha'
has nice hair.

Neha's stalker is Madhusudhana
her best friend is Moukthika
She thinks Reva is a hot car
and that Kannu is Blah.

Neha is a marwadi
who likes to wear sari
she wears skull chappal
and her boobs are not ample.

Violating dress code 
is her one and only goal
she likes vada paav
and her style is so sauve

She got chased by a cow
she calls her best friend maow
and she thinks Halari
should be called Haboobi

She likes going home at three
and falling off her scooty
but she doesnt like frooti

She takes 30 minutes to drink coffee
and keeps chewing toffee
she likes belgium dark chocolate
and is almost always late

So Every one walk-like-Neha
hot Neha, nice Neha
Is my friend Neha.


This poem was so popular that i got so many compliments on that day! I didn't write this poem to hurt Neha's feelings but to show the world what an awesome girl Neha is. Hopefully someday someone might actually want to publish this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for such a day =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment